In my last article, I revealed two methods of burning CDs and DVDs in Microsoft Windows
- Through the integrated Windows burning wizard
- Through CD and DVD writing applications like Nero and Easy CD Creator
The integrated Windows burning application is adequate most of the time. But, there are some instances when a separate, 3rd-party CD writing application is necessary. Some reasons include:
- The Windows burning wizard is often very buggy
- The Windows burning wizard can’t burn DVDs
- CD writing applications provide for more advanced options and configuration
When CD-RW drives were at their infancy, the CD burning applications were generally limited to Nero and Easy CD Creator, which, by the way, cost too much money. Luckily, we have more choices today, including those that are free.